Agnostic.com

10 2

Amazon echo devices

Do You Have An Amazon Echo device?

I actually have 5, Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Show, Echo Tap, Echo Wand. I love them all. Use them mostly for home automation and news report briefings and music.

• 9 votes
  • 9 votes
  • 3 votes
  • 1 vote
TheLiberalGent 7 Apr 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have an Echo and an Echo Dot. Most of the lights in my apartment are Hue lights so I can control them through the Echo and Dot. I especially like the shopping list feature. I also like when I am cooking and need a conversion or a replacement for an ingredient... I don't have to stop what I am doing and wash my hands and look it up. I just ask.

I have enough creepiness around me.

I have the echo dot, it’s crazy, it will just start talking for no reason lol I’ll be sitting and reading, all is quiet and it starts saying it doesn’t know like I asked it a question. It happens way too often, but whatever it’s kinda funny.

I've been told that they're "haunted" LOL Go to the settings to make sure the latest upgrade have been applied. Sometimes the mic is too sensitive and also if there is a TV or stereo playing a little loud in the same room as your dot, it can get confused as to think the awake word :ALEXA" has been said, then it tries to act on what is said after the code word and is really confused. Mine does it too occasionally when I'm cranking up my stereo with some rock.

@TheLiberalGent it happens even when it’s quiet and I use the name echo instead of Alexa just because of the TV lol Plus last year on April fools Jimmy Kimmel pranked people by asking Alexa to order pool noodles lol! I had to go on Amazon and cancel the order, even though I had never given permission to the echo to do such things. I’ll check for the update thank you for that information. 🙂

I got my husband an Echo Dot as a gift. We love it! I'm planning on getting another one.

Maybe I've been living under a rock or something, but I don't know what any of them are.

Idk either?

Oh, I looked them up. An automated system that talks to you and plays music.

@Sarahroo29 it can also control your lights. All you need is a "smart" outlet. And you control them from anywhere. I like that feature because I don't have to walk into a dark house when I get home at night.

@BearsNPenn Cool.

I have an Echo Dot that was given to me as a present. It is still in the box. I have not felt motivated to have a conversation with a digital device.

They gave everyone at my work Echo Dots last week. have not plugged it in as of yet.

I have a dot.

I have the tall and a dot.

Wouldn't have one even if they were giving them away for free.
I don't want that shit in my home.

Gee, don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.

@TheLiberalGent I always do.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:59579
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.