Agnostic.com

2 1

LINK Federal agents probe Hindu sect for using forced labor to build New Jersey temple | TheHill

The lawsuit accuses the massive temple of forcing Indian men to work nearly 90 hours a week for around $1 an hour.

barjoe 9 May 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Fairly typical of immigrants taking advantage of their fellow immigrants. My guess is there are a great many churches and cathedrals that were built the same way. Just make them believe they are doing god’s work and they will never complain.

Religion taking advantage of humanity. Hindu sect called BAPS. All religions suck!

@barjoe I had a friend came over here legally from Slovakia, but he spoke little English and was having a tough time finding work. Wound up working under the table for some Polish roofing contractor out of Trenton for crap wages just to feed his family.

@Barnie2years That's what they do. I bet you he got the job though his church.

@barjoe wouldn’t surprise me. The Eastern European community is well organized around there too.

How very Mafia of them. So long as it's entertaining for me I guess it's okay.

The mafia at least gives it's people a chance to make money if they're willing to accept the consequences.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:596008
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.