Agnostic.com

5 8

I learned something new today. A friend said that when she was a little girl her grandfather taught her that if you break a dry cottonwood stick there will be a star inside. She then posted this picture and sure enough there is a star inside.

"Legend of the Cottonwood Tree Star | Mom Off Track" [momofftrack.com]

Lorajay 9 May 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The pentacle is a very common shape in nature, from the star fish, to the apparent pattern traced in the night sky caused by the orbital path of Venus every eight years
Fig one how it actually happens by planetary alignment
Fig 2 how it appears from earth

Like apples 😊

@EarnestEccentric thank you, my Great Aunty May that showed me as a girl 😊

Cool

bobwjr Level 10 May 13, 2021

Do you know I have cooked quite a number of lentils and have never seen a fart float to the surface?

Nice, I never heard of that and I was raised where that was the kind of thing one might expect to hear.
I remember on hot days resting under dogwood trees, it was cool and like a hut under the branches that hung to the ground so you had to push through to get to the space, like hiding under a skirt, but 40’ across.
We had wild plants that make juicy succulent blue colored berries but they’re poison. But you take the tender young leaves and blanch them to remove the poison and you had poke salad, which reminded me of collard greens but not as flavorful.

My grandmother had a Willow tree that fits that description. Thank you.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:596181
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.