Agnostic.com

9 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Time is movement

I read this when it first appeared in the Guardian. This information has been known since the dawn of time; it is referred to in the Upanishads and by Aristotle and Pythagoras. It reappears in the work of Hume and Locke, and most recently in the writings of Richard Rorty. Rovelli is simply teasing out the evidence on the physical plane. The recent splitting of protons gives cause to parallel dimensions. https:// The personal practical applications of all of this are simple: the problem that we’re working on, is rarely the real problem, wether in the domains of emotion, physics or chemistry. We need to loosen up and open up.

There is no such thing as past and future..... If only my body could understand that !!!! ( Seriously, this is more philosophy than physics)

Commenting so I can find this later, it's a topic I'm interested in.

I think what we experience and observe is reality. What science derives, it derives from the data it observes. It tries to explains why we observe what we observe.

So if you miss filing you taxes then try using time is an illusion argument and see what that will get you 🙂

cava Level 7 Apr 17, 2018

Many of us file taxes to avoid prison; some have "Stockholm Syndrome", and pretend it's the price of civilization.

I have a device that speeds up time for you. It works well but you can never come back once you go to the future. It electrocutes you and your journey is ended.
Going backwards in time we could try putting peas back on the vine or even having the plant return to seed. I don't see that working out well either.
I want to believe in past, present, and future but I'm afraid this is only a concept of the mind. Future is a continuem of the ever present now and this is all a personal thing to us. It is because of days and our sleep time that we divide things into compartments of which all do not exist.

The perception of time is entirely subjective. However the laws of thermodynamics would suggest existance is linear.

There is a reason they called it a T.A.R.D.I.S lol

I know this as I grew up playing Asteriods back in the day 😉 Think I'm joking check this out : [nytimes.com]

There's really only the ever-unfolding now.

Yup.
"For physicists, the distinction between past, present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion." -Einstein.

Alrighty... its all an illusion.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:59627
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.