Agnostic.com

4 8

“Scientists have repeatedly found that human anticancer natural killer cells significantly increase after walks in a forest.”

[wsj.com]

skado 9 May 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Good news for me, most of my walks are in the forest.

I would LOVE to walk in a forest. But I’d have to drive to Flagstaff for that.

As long as the deer ticks don't get you.

Yep the CIA'S Bioweapons labs on Plum island to be shutdown and moved to Kansas. Such a nasty disease.

@theyweretripping No, Lyme disease isn't an escaped military bioweapon, despite what conspiracy theorists say. [theconversation.com]

The Healing Power of Nature

"Japanese researchers found that people who spend 40 minutes walking in a cedar forest, had lower levels of the stress hormone cortisol, which is involved in blood pressure and immune-system function, compared when they spent 40 minutes walking in a lab.

"Another researcher, Dr. Quing Li, a professor at the Nippon Medical School in Tokyo, found that trees and plants emit aromatic compounds called phytoncides that, when inhaled, can spur healthy biological changes. Li has shown that when people walk through or stay overnight in forests, they often exhibit changes in the blood that are associated with protection against cancer, better immunity and lower blood pressure.

"Recent studies have also linked nature to symptom relief for health issues like heart disease, depression, cancer, anxiety and attention disorders."

From "The Healing Power of Nature," Time magazine, July 25, 2016.

Love this knowledge

I wonder where the closest cedar forest is. I’m guessing Canada.
Update: I guessed wrong. Turns out to be Idaho: [alltrails.com] or

[fs.usda.gov]
and Montana:
[fs.usda.gov]
If you are further East, it might be Tennessee:
[tnstateparks.com]

@MsKathleen

The trees do not have to be cedar. All trees emit healing compounds.

@LiterateHiker lol...I know...but the cedar forest got stuck in my brain. I will be traveling to Nebraska in June and maybe will get a chance for a walk in the woods.

We have lots of cedar walking and hiking areas near me

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:596556
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.