Agnostic.com

10 13

How to easily roast garlic without oil.

Today I made smashed gold potatoes with roasted garlic. You can roast a whole or half head of garlic with the papers attached.

How to Roast Garlic

1. Preheat oven or toaster oven to 350 degrees.

2. Place a whole or partial garlic head- with papers attached- in a mug of water. Weigh down the garlic with a spoon. Soak for minutes.

3. Remove from water. Wrap garlic head tightly in foil. Place on a pan to catch any drips.

4. Roast for 45 minutes at 350 degrees. It will smell heavenly.

Now comes the fun part!

1. Remove from oven. Unwrap foil. Keep the garlic head intact. With scissors, cut off the point of each garlic clove.

2. Let cool or protect your hand from heat. Squeeze out the roasted garlic.

"Ewww! It looks like worms!" my girl Claire protested. Her job was squeezing roasted garlic into mashed potatoes.

#oil
LiterateHiker 9 May 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'll scrape a roasted clove into my mouth between my teeth. Good stuff!

Sounds great!

Thanks for the tip

Yumm......

Thanks

bobwjr Level 10 May 20, 2021

I regularly roast multiple heads of garlic, then smush up and store in the freezer in individual dollops. You can never have too much roasted garlic. I use olive oil to bake it with, I'm ok with the added oil.

Quickest way to skin a garlic clove:
Simply roll it between your hands, and the skin will come right off!

@davknight

To peel off the paper, I smash each garlic clove with the flat of a knife.

Will try your technique.

Ahh, garlique! Cooking just isnt cooking without the garlique! And don't forget the chopped onions, celery, and green bell pepper!

I love garlic. Thanks for posting.

@xenoview

You are welcome.

OMG, I love the stinking rose.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:597875
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.