Agnostic.com

5 8

Shit and puke for Jesus!

Teens targeted with racist & anti-gay abuse at Christian camps

A CHURCH-run boot camp where teens were pushed so hard to find Jesus that some shit themselves and puked has become the subject of an NBC News investigation.

Full Article: [patheos.com]

nogod4me 8 May 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Child abuse nothing less and parents paying to have their child punished, what the hell. Nasty belligerent so called pastors and their nefarious wives. Read the disgusting article.

Once a shit-face, always a shit-face.

The end always seems to justify the means, in religion!
Unbelievable, nonetheless.

"We all know that any emotional bias -- irrespective of truth or falsity -- can be implanted by suggestion in the emotions of the young, hence the inherited traditions of an orthodox community are absolutely without evidential value.... If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending quest for truth, irrespective of artificial backgrounds or practical consequences. With such an honest and inflexible openness to evidence, they could not fail to receive any real truth which might be manifesting itself around them. The fact that religionists do not follow this honourable course, but cheat at their game by invoking juvenile quasi-hypnosis, is enough to destroy their pretensions in my eyes even if their absurdity were not manifest in every other direction." -- H P Lovecraft

"Is it desirable that all should be exactly alike in their religious convictions? Is any such thing possible? Do we not know that there are no two persons alike in the whole world? No two trees, no two leaves, no two anything that are alike? Infinite diversity is the law. Religion tries to force all minds into one mold. Knowing that all cannot believe, the church endeavors to make all say they believe. She longs for the unity of hypocrisy, and detests the splendid diversity of individuality and freedom."
Robert Green Ingersoll, "Individuality," 1873

Gee, and to think I grew up thinking that summer camps were supposed to be fun....further proof that finding Jesus is the ultimate snipe hunt...

I remember taking 'newbies' on those! Seems cruel, now that I look back.

@p-nullifidian Me too.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:598040
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.