Agnostic.com

2 5

LINK Biden Court Reform Commission Meets, Supreme Court Raises With ‘LOL, We’re Banning Abortions’

Because the universe is engineered for maximum nihilism, the same week that the United States Supreme Court decided to take up a direct assault on Roe v. Wade, the Biden administration’s Supreme Court reform commission held its first meeting. That juxtaposition either amounts to Biden bringing knife to a gun fight or the Handmaid’s caucus throwing gasoline on what was moments before dying embers of judicial reform. Which it turns out to be is mostly in Biden’s hands.

The first meeting was, as expected, mostly an exercise in housekeeping, bringing all the members together for the first time. Still, Court reformers are taking a cautiously optimistic view of the proceedings. “As the Commission’s work begins, a wide majority of Americans already believes that significant changes must occur at the Supreme Court to preserve its legitimacy in an increasingly polarized world,” Fix the Court executive director Gabe Roth said. “Americans want a Court that’s independent of the day’s political winds, that follows basic measures of transparency and whose justices serve shorter tenures. The Commission has a unique opportunity to study and advance these and other reforms, and I hope they don’t squander it,” Roth added.

Oh, they’ll squander it.

HippieChick58 9 May 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm somewhat hopeful under POTUS Joe but he looks for that sweet ground of agreement and stays on it. If there's no sweet ground we don't yet know what he does. I'm not holding my breath for his success but acknowledge that u$a stands no chance of survival without it.

There you go. Hating on u$a again. I think you relish the opportunity to use that. SMH

@barjoe I do

Everything for politics, nothing for the people.

MizJ Level 8 May 21, 2021
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:598075
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.