Agnostic.com

6 11

LINK Judge: California Owes Church $1.35 Million in Case Involving COVID Restrictions | Beth Stoneburner | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

The Supreme Court over ruled the lower courts and equated churches with grocery stores as far as Covid-19 restrictions go.

IMO, this a a bad decision to equate places where one needs to buy food in order to survive to churches which are no necessary for life. It really warps the idea of what is needed to keep people safe during a pandemic

snytiger6 9 May 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The Black Plague killed 30 to 60% of the population; COVID 19 is at about .04% right now, and apparently not likely to make it to .05% due to still rising population. “Pandemic” might be a little disingenuous?

You should probably actually look up the definition of Pandemic before you post.

The plague wasn't a "pandemic;" try using a dictionary next time. Nobody, from science, ever said Covid was the plague. It was, by definition, a "pandemic." And, just because you don't find the death numbers too high for your liking, that doesn't change the definition.

man, a believer’s mind, who can change it, huh?

and i do get that COVID technically fits “pandemic,” ok, as does the Black Plague of course; it is the concept that the term instills in our minds, more than the actual definition at play here

If we still had the medical technology from when the plague happened I think we could safely say the percentage would be a lot higher. Looking at the data from John Hopkins I would suggest the death rate is also higher than the 0.04 that you quoted.[coronavirus.jhu.edu]

@Budgie yes, mortality varies by location, ty
the figures i quoted were for the world

and that you have to rely on a link instead of experience doesn’t bother you even a little? Why do you think we could safely say that the percentage would be a lot higher? Bc the tv said so? Which I guess sounds kinda snarky, sorry...but y’all mofos insane lol

I mean i expect the vocal worst to find more expression on the web...but damn, i mean you don’t think it might be time to pause and reflect, having found yourselves in this majority?

Do y’all realize all the shit that is more fatal than c19?
Sorry, I know you can’t really hear me right now...why i keep expecting agnostic.com to not be full of Gnostics, lol, duh

fear does funny things to ppl i guess, best of luck to y’all

@bbyrd009 It is statements like, “they died WITH Covid, not FROM Covid”, and THIS, that help me know who to block.

@MsKathleen i guess i understand, but i try really hard not to block anyone, as you then lose a channel, so to speak? Who said “they died with COVID, not from COVID” again, sorry?

but of course all dissent will be quashed, no objections will be allowed, etc, i guess, huh. Y’all know that this perspective is what prevails right before a society crashes, right

@bbyrd009 In my case, not all dissent will be quashed; rather, unfounded, illogical, and offensive statements will be blocked, because I can’t be bothered anymore.

Cali has turned into a real shit state, they've become greedy and stupid.

The state could refuse to pay.
I would.
What are they gonna do?
Put the whole state in jail for non-payment?
🤣🤣🤣🤣

Take the money from the GOP warchest😁

Churches don't equal gorcery store. The store sells food, which you need to survive. Churches don't sell life giving food.Churches are good for spreading covid, because faithfools don't wear mask or social distance from each other.

I know that ... You know that ... Every Athiest and Agnostic and anyone with any common sense knows that but what we have just witnessed is the CONSERVATIVE PACKED COURT flexing their new found majority...

Time for Biden to pack the Court...screw these assholes.

This just has to be politically motivated. No convincing argument can be made to equate a church to a grocery store.

How fucked up is this?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:598305
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.