Agnostic.com

6 2

I can only imagine the righteous ire and indignation of people if they saw on the news that, from this point on, a white mayor refuses to do one-on-one interviews with non-white reporters but when it is someone as stupid, vacuous, and racist like Lori Lightfoot, the mayor of Chicago, because she is a Democrat and a lesbian POC, fucking crickets from the legacy media. This is the double standard we live in: [google.com]

Heavykevy1985 6 May 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Extricating ourselves from racism is not going to be comfortable for those who have been on the dominant side of it. No other way to change the balance than give priority to the victims of racism.

Racist how? She is able to be mayor of one of the largest cities in this country. Only racism being displayed is on her part. So it is okay for blacks to be racist but whites have to be held to a different standard?

@Heavykevy1985 Oddly, yes. It's kind of like the abused children growing up and breaking the cycle of abuse by talking about it.

@rainmanjr so you see black people as children? So it oozes to the surface. By infantilizing black people, you are proving how racist you are. Lightfoot is not a victim here: she is the most powerful person in Chicago. How is she “abused?” You and people like Lightfoot are tilting at windmills here. There is no systemic racism here except against whites. Progressives like you have no principles that you apply to everyone.

@Heavykevy1985 I'll bet your favorite game is Twister. The only way to correct the inequities of abuse (like slavery and economic/social ostracization or criminalization) is to give the abused special notice. But you go ahead and spin my position into something obscene. The obscenity was created long before mine by the folks you probably defend.

Another lying con. This story was covered extensively by MSM. Take your racist ass elsewhere.

[bing.com]

No way of debunking the article so you resort to name-calling. How original!

@Heavykevy1985 There's nothing in the article to debunk so I debunked the false claim in your post.

Further, identifying a racist is not name calling, it's fact, although you did partake in name calling in your OP.

Additionally, by definition there is no racism against the dominant group.

@LovinLarge racism occurs at all levels. You did not debunk what Lori Lightfoot said. So by your premise, the Boers in South Africa are being discriminated against by the majority blacks? Lori Lightfoot said explicitly that she would only grant one-on-one interviews with black or brown reporters. Calling me a racist does not make it true. What your responses demonstrate is a lack of consistency in principles and perspective plus a mega dose of tribalism on your part.

@Heavykevy1985 It's impossible to debate someone whose comments are nonsensical. Your time would be better spent enhancing your grasp of English, reading comprehension in particular. I've yet to see you contribute anything of value to this forum.

@LovinLarge all you have are insults, snarky bullshit, and bad faith arguments. At this point, it is pure projection on your part.

@Heavykevy1985 No projection necessary, the evidence to support my critique of your post and comments is within that post and those comments, including the name calling that you started in your post. Have you noticed that your post has gotten zero support?

@LovinLarge appeal to popularity. You claim that I contributed nothing but you have not disproven what Lori Lightfoot said to be bullshit. If the shoe was on the other foot and it was a white mayor saying the he will only do interviews with white reporters, his career would be over. Progs like you give Lightfoot and her ilk a pass because of her race and her politics.

@LovinLarge you do realize that you cited nothing? It was a bunch of search results from Bing.

@Heavykevy1985 I'm sorry, you are just too fucking dumb to interact with.

I agree it says something about her making this choice. It also says something about you that you choose to post this.

Says what about me? Pointing out double standards in our society?

@Heavykevy1985 Your response to my Ted Nugent post. The fact that this is an important issue with you. These are the issues you choose to address. It tells your priorities.

@barjoe it does not. I discuss a variety of things. I am just looking for vigorous debate here. Otherwise, you are making an argument in bad faith against me. Nonetheless, there is a double standard in our society especially when it comes to black people

Yes, living in a country where whites are advantaged in every way is infuriating. Claiming this is the equivalent is both ignorant and offensive, white fragility and distressed privilege illustrated.

Very telling and insightful.

Another good link with context: White Spaces, White Privilege and White Fear: How Negrophobia Still Contaminates America: [alternet.org]

Advantaged how? If whites are so advantaged, why would Elizabeth Warren pretend to be Native American or Rachel Dolezal pretend to be black to get a leg up? How come Asians have a higher per capita income than whites? Not surprisingly, you just regurgitated talking points of progressive morons.

@Druvius If whites are afraid of blacks, it is because 52% of the murders are committed by them. Stunning that you cite an article that has nothing to do with the OP.

@Heavykevy1985 Racist whites are afraid of blacks. The rest of us have grown past that, but as you demonstrate, many still haven't.

@Druvius again, it does not address the OP at all. The racism demonstrated here is from Lori Lightfoot.

Perhaps she wants no other black to suffer including herself. For a period that is reasonable. Please reply to both points.

How is she suffering? This is the same person who got her hair done at a beauty salon while other shops were forced to close. When the George Floyd riots took place in Chicago, she deployed the National Guard to protect her neighborhood. Are you an idiot here? If she does not black to suffer, maybe enforce the law in Chicago

@Heavykevy1985 "Are you an idiot here?" Is that response really neccessary? Maybe not everyone is as familiar with all the goings on and just to call someone an idiot is not really the best approach to follow up discussion. I think it is a good point that was made, maybe Lori Lighfoot is doing this because she wants the ultimate goal of improving life for black residents and she thinks that somehow taking this position brings her closer to this goal. BUT HOW? HOW? Please tell me how? Are all white journalists asking pointless questions on pointless topics that have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING OF VALUE TO anyone other than other whites. I don't see how it could be possible. It can not be possible, so now it becomes about avoiding journalists who are asking tough questions. And I do sympathize. I am quite sure it is very difficult to have all the weight on your shoulders, but there needs to be more focus on solutions coming from her. What solutions is SHE AND HER TEAM implementing to start solving things. SHE is in charge. Has life improved for city residents under her leadership? Or has it gotten worse? She is in charge. If it's gotten worse than she needs to answer it, black, white and latino and make plans to turn it around. Avoiding tough questions because it makes the situation look as bad as it really is not a good technique and ultimately will not help. What do the numbers tell us about living conditions in the city? What about business? Job oppurtunity? Expenses on families? What about taxes?

"She noted the nation’s reckoning on racism but said it didn’t appear “many of the media institutions in Chicago have caught on and truly have not embraced this moment.”
From what I heard she didn't embrace the moment either. The more I think about it, I would REALLY like to know what is making her say this. I heard something, and given that fact and the position she is taking here, without some really good explanation as to why she feels that way,a REALLY GOOD reasoning, she has lost credibility in my eyes. Because what she is saying and her behaviour are not matching up.

This is telling also "Some media organizations said they were still being left out, including South Side Weekly. The nonprofit newspaper covers many heavily Black and Latino neighborhoods."

If any group of people need a “racial reckoning,” it is racist pieces like Lori Lightfoot

@Heavykevy1985 I think it was a tactic to avoid the press in general.

@Flowerwall then it will fail spectacularly

Well I'm interested in reading the aforementioined newspaper she won't give an interview to. What is their perspective? And why are the reporters being neglected?

Edit: I just checked it out and a very sad story for some of the residents there. I'm almost sorry to have even come across the story, just very sad.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:598444
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.