Agnostic.com

2 3

Canada mourns as remains of 215 children found at indigenous school. The RCC had a hand in this.

[bbc.com]

xenoview 8 May 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We had similar schools in the United States their purpose was to annihilate every remnant of native culture, starting with native language. Children that had never worn shoes were forced to wear them at all times except for sleeping and bathing. Harsh punishments were in order for every word of non English spoken, and even worse for singing traditional songs. Every daily activity was preceded by Christian prays and evening Bible studies were mandatory. Punishment ranged from not being allowed to eat to brutal beatings and there was no doubt many deaths.
To put a little perspective on it as bad as the trail of tears certainly were at least a remnant of native language and culture was preserved on reservations despite everything but for the most part erased from all areas outside the reservations.
Just as crimes like Tulsa in 1921 were erased from white memories we know now that Tulsa is just the tip of an iceberg of minority exploitive horror that white America hasn’t owned up to.
It’s a certainty that the same is true in all European centric societies that invaded native lands or enslaved natives from anywhere in the world, including Canada.

As a people, we are monsters, if not in act then by ignoring it, and the boundaries of this seem limitless.

Nailed it. I grew up in Oklahoma, age 4 to 18, and did not learn of the atrocities in Tulsa until a few years ago. I have said in the past the Eurocentric policies and actions have been and continue to be the most destructive ideas and policies in human history.

I read about this in The Guardian. Yes, of course the RCC had a hand in this, they've been abusing young children for nearly 2000 years now.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:599805
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.