Agnostic.com

9 7

The more you know the less you believe.

The further you got away from religion the less it makes sense and the more you find it strange and futile. Does anyone else though the same?!

Freenthinking 3 May 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"The more you know the less you believe". A corollary to that is The more you know, the more you realize how much you don't know. That realization is reinforced in me every day.

You didn’t have to dig too far to see milli vanilli were fakes. Same with religion

I saw that fiasco with the CD skipping right on National TV in front of millions. That was when they lost their Grammy award, and in 1998 one of them committed suicide. Needless to say I did not feel the least bit bad.

This is exactly how it seems to me. I also do not feel that I have to be trying other religions. Trying them for what? What are you going to be saved from? I think I am saved from religion.

There is an invisible sign at the entrances of every church: "Please leave your brain outside as you will not be allowed to use it inside here.".

You are not allowed to think about religion, just believe.

And blindly, without question.

As in evolving beyond belief. 🤔

Absolutely. Religion is notable in that the more you think critically about it, the less use you have for it. That's why they push faith without questions. Religion relies on intellectual laziness and ignorance to survive.

And downright blindness and stupidity.

While driving I often listen to the Christian Broadcasting Network. The personalities on those programs range from the calm and semi-reasonable to the outright batshit crazy types.

The more of this stuff I listen to the more fortunate I realize I am. I'm fortunate that I was never subjected to any religious indoctrination as a young child. The absurdity of it all is stunning to me.
It's great not to haves one's mind corrupted by this harmful nonsense.

@CuddyCruiser That's useful too.

Exactly!

I certainly feel the same.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:599843
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.