Agnostic.com

2 1

LINK A MI Student May Get Away With Preaching Christianity in Her Graduation Speech | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

The controversy being should a student be censored to omit religion in a speech at a school event.

snytiger6 9 June 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The speaker I heard ( on CNN, I think ) passionately supported abortion rights and opposed government "ownership" of women's uteruses ( uteri? ).

She had to submit her speech ahead of time but changed it when she gave it.

@linxminx Thanx. I heard a different speech.

Given that her religious illness have no bearing on the graduation, she should not be given more than 30 seconds. It WOULD be better if she was give zero time. The message should go out that the other graduates may laugh and jeer at her without repercussion, and that satanists and Muslims be given equal time.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:601156
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.