Agnostic.com

25 4

How long have you gone without a date?

I'm curious to see how long members have gone without dating/hookups/fwb etc. What's the longest amount of time, and why?

Personally, I have never hooked up, nor had a fwb, and the last date I went on was 3 years before 9/11

Reikodriver1981 5 Apr 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

25 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Longest was one month. I’ve been in long term relationships since I was 16. This is my first time (one year) to actually date. I have received a lot of attention on dating sites but am slowly realizing that I need to take my time and be much more selective about who I meet in person.

You’re beautiful. I agree, take your time. You’ll gong exactly who you’re looking for. ❤️?

@CM1965 awww shucks ? thanks
I hope so. ?

It's been over a year for me.....and I'm still happy, healthy, doing my own thing, and lovin' life!

What a beautiful thing it is. I have found that when I least expect it, that is precisely the moment it happens. ??????

Lost count. Too long.

20 years. That was by choice. Didn't feel worthy of love or relationships. In such a different place these days.

You are absolutely worthy. Don’t second guess that!

Five+ years at this point. been longer, been shorter throughout my life. No one comes on to me & I don't find that many people attractive to pursue them. (Plus I hate being rejected, which has happened a lot.)

Now it has been since July 2016. But who is counting?

JK666 Level 7 Apr 18, 2018

I was on a date about 3 months ago. He lied, said he wanted to see me again. Then he blocked me on the dating site. I got dressed up for a date a few weeks ago, and got stoood up. He texted that he had car trouble, then he had to go out of town, and then he was in trouble and needed $2000. That was kinda the straw that broke the camel's back.

Did you meet them online?
Those are called catfish!!!
I get them all the time!!!
Statistics say 1 in 10 profile online dating profiles are fake!!!
I think it was the other way around! ?

Now I am sooo cynical about online dating I just tell them meet with in a week or I am not interested!!!

I hope you did not give him any money!!! ???

That’s just terrible. Sorry you had to go through that.

@LorrieS No, I never give money. I estimate that in 8 or so years of online dating I've been asked for over $40,000. I shoulda given up long ago. I've known women who have gone into debt sending money to men for various reasons. One unfriended me on FB. Her "love interest" friended me and gave me the same spiel. I told her and she dropped me like a hot potato. Some women will go to any cost to have a man, even one they haven't met in person. Sometimes I string them along to see where the story goes, I've asked for collateral and identification, amazing the shit they come up with.

@kenriley I've pretty much stopped looking. I'd say my odds of getting hit by lightening are better than finding a partner. I've been in a house when it was hit by lightning, so I think the odds are strongly against that happening again.

The first guy has an unusual last name and works for my state government. And due to those details I was able to find his address, and other information. But I'm not a stalker, won't go where I'm not wanted. And knowing he has no spine I don't want to see him again anyway.

About 2 years

Wow, your too interesting AND hot to be without a date for the past two years!!! IMO of course. I’m an artist...you make total sense to me.

and too much for most women, I suppose or they don't see the part of me that really matters unlike you but it's a fucking long walk home from your house lol, not to mention the swim.

Last July

You need a bio. Welcome fellow Wisconsinite!!!?

@CM1965 Guess I better work on that. Probably why I haven't had a date.

@CM1965 I read your bio, very interesting. I have been to Spooner, my good friend has a lake home in Chetek which I get to a couple of times a year.

My last partner succeeded in drinking herself to death about two years ago.
I'm just now testing the water again.

Test it until you find the right one ☝️!!! Good luck ?!

7 years.

Couple of days, but my version of a date is way different than most.

When my daughter was an adolescent and young teenager, I stopped dating for six years. I didn't want a series of strange men going in and out of her life.

When she was 16 and had begun dating herself, I started seeing a wonderful man. Dan ultimately became a great hiking partner and lifelong friend.

It been a while since when I went on a date....Maybe 5 years ago

I’ve had a few coffee dates, which led to nothing. I had a “ companionship” relationship with much older man for a year, but a FULL relationship (I’m going to assume you understand that) it’s been 11 long lonely years. So come on!! I’m ready! ? ??❤️

@Reikodriver1981 I know just what you mean. We deserve something. Right? This can’t be it! Please tell me it’s not all there is.

Over 18 years. 12 months now since my last date, it was a disaster. It wasn't the 1st date, it was about the 12th with this lady.

I haven't been on a date since 1981. But of course, I was married for 33 of those years.

I didn't have my first date until I was 24 years old. So 24 years? Then jump forward 7 years and that was my second time on a date. I don't have the best of luck.

You’re a great looking man, go for it. Confidence is the key! Good luck!!!? ??

Date-last Christmas Eve. Never do hookups or Fwb. The other- it's been years. I'm picky.

Be picky, just don’t give up. The right person is pug there for you!!! Good luck ???

Thirteen (13) years.

Ok ?? time to take the leap!!! ??? you can do it. Good luck!

I met a member from Agnostic.com 2 months ago. It does happen. Welcome to the site.

Love to hear this!!! Love ?

Four long years.

Don’t give up. The right person is out there!!!

Five and a half years and counting

OK buddy! You are an amazing single dad. Raising your children and one a special needs child. You are s knight in shining armor!! A catch for sure. I wish you luck with all your future endeavors!!! ??❤️

@CM1965 you are incredibly kind! Thank you 🙂

I chatted briefly with a man on another site. he and I had enjoyable chats until one day he suggested he drive 4 hrs so we could be FWB. I was immediately turned off. who needs to drive that far for sex? why not just visit the local bar?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:60116
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.