Agnostic.com

3 10

Not a bad idea, is it?

G-7 finance ministers agree on 15% int'l minimum corporate tax rate

Finance ministers from the Group of Seven industrialized nations agreed Saturday on a global minimum corporate tax rate of at least 15 percent to keep multinationals from shifting profits overseas, paving the way for a more inclusive consensus involving over 100 economies.

The G-7 finance chiefs also commit to set new rules to enable governments to impose duties on where multinational firms make sales, they said in a statement released after wrapping up a two-day meeting in London, amid criticism global digital giants such as Google LLC and Apple Inc. are not paying their fair share of taxes.

[english.kyodonews.net]

Ryo1 8 June 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Turns out it's a farce, no surprise: [bbc.com]

Me not surprised either.

This is a great accomplishment by the Biden Administration.

Yes, convincing people he is some sort of progressive while selling out to the corporate world is quite the accomplishment. He learned from an expert though, Obama pioneered the way.

@Druvius I'm not happy with Biden except he is soooo much better than 4 more years of Trump.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. In theory, absolutely. Since these multinationals hold undue influence (that's being diplomatic) in the G-7 nations, and greed is geometrically proportional to how much money someone has, I'm not optimistic this will actually come to pass.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:601618
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.