Agnostic.com

2 0

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sweetie! Knitting? Gardening? Training for a Marathon? Collecting stamps? Breeding feeder mice?
Something, anything, anything at all.......l

How very sad that someone, obviously not stupid or lazy, has to waste such a huge amount of time, on the trivial business of trying to disprove the literal truth of a very silly and very old mixed up story. I do hope he finds a worthwhile pursuit in life one day. Though perhaps helping other people escape is that.

Yes, it is bit like someone going to a lot of effort to show that there was never a Gotham City or a Batman to defend it from The Joker.

@David1955 Prefect anology.

Yes, sad. But I would not suggest he is at fault or somehow defective for making such effort. Rather, it shows that anyone immersed deeply in a social circle dictated by such religious indoctrination, who naturally cares for some of his primary familial relationships, would understandably hold some desperate hope that he could reason his loved ones free of their communal delusions. The sadness is in the tenacity of that delusion's grip and the damage it likely does to his ability to honestly relate ro his own family. I think I know how he feels. My 83 year old father continues to live life with his head stuck deep into his Bible.

You might think of this young man's presentation not as a folly of a campaign, but instead as a mental agility exercise for himself, to help himself strengthen his own powers of reasoning and evidence-based learning.

@MikeInBatonRouge Yes that is how I see it.

@MikeInBatonRouge I think many of us, in this finely developed First World nation, are way to judgmental. You put it better than I could, though, and I appreciate your thoughts. Thank you.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:601678
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.