Agnostic.com

1 3

LINK Massive outage takes websites, including Amazon and major news sites, offline BBC, Bloomberg News, CNN, The Guardian, The Financial Times, The New York Times and Reddit were affected.

Stuff that happens while I'm sleeping!

Websites around the world, including major news sites, Amazon and the United Kingdom's government page, were temporarily down during a massive outage early Tuesday.

Fastly, an American cloud computing services provider, said it began investigating the issue about 5:58 a.m. ET on its status page. The company, which provides content delivery services to many websites, provided an update an hour later.

"A fix has been applied," Fastly said. "Customers may experience increased origin load as global services return."

It was not immediately clear what caused the massive outage.

Multiple news outlets were taken offline, including BBC, Bloomberg News, CNN, The Financial Times, The Guardian, The New York Times and The Verge. Other websites like Reddit, Pinterest and Twitch were also affected by the outage. Amazon's and Target's retail websites and the U.K.'s government website — Gov.uk — were not working at some point, too.

"The Guardian's website and app are currently being affected by a wider internet outage and will be back as soon as possible," the outlet said in a statement on Tuesday.

The Verge, which was down for more than hour, got creative with sharing their outage news.

"Vast chunks of the internet are offline, including The Verge," technology news website said. "Until we’re back, we’re reporting to you live out of Google Docs."

Several websites, including The New York Times, CNN and The Guardian, appeared to return online about an hour after they were temporarily disabled.

HippieChick58 9 June 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sort of slept thru it. I was up at 3a PT but was watching the late night pundits via youtube.
I saw this while I was looking thru youtube video offerings.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:602159
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.