Agnostic.com

25 5

Selfies and pics

Who else among us hates taking Selfies, and or doesn't like pictures of themselves in any way? Why or why not?

Reikodriver1981 5 Apr 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

25 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I like taking them now that I've lost 140 pounds better than before.

1. Self-promotion: it's not my bag, baby. I've always disliked being in photos. I hate attention. To me, being noticed = humiliation. I prefer to be invisible/overlooked.

2. Shallow/Vain I am not. I hate promoting that kind of behavior, participating in that culture. I'd rather dismantle that attitude, actually.

3. Importance: appearances--mine or anyone else's--have very little, to me. I am very verbal and written-word focused; visuals have a time and a place but I really prefer to let my imagination do the painting. When it comes to people, I prefer to focus on the non-visual stuff and would appreciate the same treatment.

4. Contrarian: I am--enormously. Everybody else doing it? I'd rather not, then.

5. Attractiveness: Meh. I'm not bad, but I'm not much to look at. Cute, on a good day; far from beautiful. Nothing to scream about. You're not missing anything, really.

6. Puckishness: Some people get really uppity about those of us who don't have photos of ourselves online. It's kind of funny, and entertaining.

7. Pervs: Plain as I (think I) am, I've been creeped out by plenty of pervs in my life--I think because of my slender build and my youthful appearance. IRL I don't have much of a choice; online, I do.

I don't mind the occasional picture if someone is taking them but I don't think I've ever taken a selfie. The whole culture of it irks me.

I don't take many selfies. I don't mind my picture being taken because I look the way I look.
I am comfortable with myself.

ebdb Level 7 Apr 17, 2018

Photos trap the soul.
I’m opposed on religious grounds

You mean my soul is gone because I took pictures? Oh, Christ.

I always look like someone else to me

me! i have never taken a selfie, and i think i look rediculous in pics. once in a while ill see on that i didnt know was being taken that i don't think looks terrible, but for the most part, i prefer the other side of the camera

Byrd Level 7 Apr 17, 2018

I have always detested pictures of myself. I cannot say why...

That said, I just sent some to my mom. They were taken at a fair and caught me looking very happy. She will likely love them. (;

Zster Level 8 Apr 17, 2018

No doubt! 🙂

I have Body Dysmorphic Disorder, so I hate all pictures of myself.

I always look like I'm chewing, or bitch face or looking the other way when someone takes my picture, I prefer selfies.

As long as you don't have chewing bitch face!

I don't like any pictures of myself. I have always been this way, and I don't know why.

I went for most of my life hating how I looked, would avoid any mirror unless it was absolutely necessary, avoiding having my pics taken, and never taking a selfie. Photos of me prior to about 3 years ago are extremely rare.

However, I'm way into all that now. Making up for lost time, I suppose. My morale and outlook has improved so much over the last few years, after making the best decisions of my life.

Good for you, Molly! 🙂

I hide when the cameras come out. Even when I'm holding it!

I just don't like selfies because I just can't seem to look ok doing them

I've never been a fan of being photographed. It just makes me really uncomfortable.
I especially have no desire to be plastering my image all over the internet.
Which is fine, because there are plenty of other people who enjoy that sort of thing.

My first selfie in a new dress I made. September 2017.

After stacking hardback books on the cushy sofa back, I gingerly set my camera atop the stacked books. Focused on the chair back. Set the camera timer for 10 seconds. Ran and jumped into the chair. Tried to settle and smile before the camera clicked.

Touching the shutter triggered an avalanche of books and camera onto the floor. Twice.

At first all I got was blurred motion. This is the only decent photo. If you look closely, you can see the camera focused on the map behind me.

Your photos are terrific! 😉

Because my arms are not extraordinarily long, a selfie is WAY too much of a close-up for me.

Among other things, I do not like my complexion. I would be happy if the state of photography regressed to when the photographs were blurry and black and white, like this one of my grandpa (He is the one on the right).

Thanks for letting us know which one was your Grandpa. Would hate to think you came from Royal lineage. That's a joke aimed at the British, by the way.

There are very few pictures of me, I am shy, very self conscious and break cameras.

My phone can't do it so I don't. I wouldn't anyway because I look like shit in photos, but then again perhaps I just look like me and I look like shit generally 🙂

I have a lot of selfies on my Facebook. I never really used to do this, but now it's more frequent. Not a daily, all day thing. What's the point? I usually look the same at 10 am as I do at midnight and my friends already know what I look like.

I have never taken a selfie.

Not into selfies myself, either I look like I'm trying to smile for a camera or I'm actually having a good time, in which case why would I stop to take a photo of myself. Once a year for the local Moondyne Festival I get dressed like a 19th century floosie, flounce around town with my rack on display, tarting up to random strangers, letting the tourists take their photos and entering the cleavage contest. That's usually enough photos of me for the year and I don't even get to see most of them so no point worrying what I look like in them.

Kimba Level 7 Apr 23, 2018

I love selfies. Why wouldn't I share with my friends and fans on social media? More interaction and appreciation of each other! It's always the late bloomers to these trends who hate them the most.

Ha! I was just talking to my daughter about exactly that -- two minutes ago!

I hate taking selfies -- and I'm not a big fan of how other selfies look.

If I'm not in a hurry and need a selfie, I prefer to prop the phone up and take the pick on the 10 second timer.

I look like a leprechaun in most photos of me these days.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:60225
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.