Agnostic.com

15 2

Do you still subscribe to any dating sites or tired of them?

The fees that they charge are outrageous for something that can be a waste of time. I'm still listed on some but don't pay and every once in a while somebody contacts me but I don't go out of my way anymore. I leave my profile up here because it was promoted as a dating site so something might happen, but it is a much better thing than that.

PickledRick 8 Apr 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Now really, I see a LOT of 50's & 60's folks here, seemingly expecting to act and be seen as half that age. Nope. As with the younger ages, those with great bods and no obvious mental issues will be using them all over town while they still have them. The rest get some 1st-dates. Period. What did we expect at this age? The pay sites (as well as the ad-supported ones) have probably breathed unrealistic expectations into the lives of older folks who a generation ago would have never thought they'd be "dating" in their 60's. But here we are. Let's keep expectations reasonable. You want a hottie with a brain and no serious mental issues, you better BE a hottie, with same! 😉 But to answer the question, I'm still on a couple of the big free sites and even with my rural location have met a few ladies each year that I've become friends with. And a couple very wonderful near-misses with unfortunate deep-seated issues from long ago that just can't be fixed. We're pretty much like old cars now... too much weather, mileage and abuse. Have to look under the hood. Denial isn't just a river in Egypt! 😉 Make friends.

Tired of it. I have a large enough little black book that I don't really need to obsess over who gave me a swipe, or a thumb, or a whatever.

I've never paid money for a datign site subscription. I am frugally minded, and just could nto justify the expense in my mind.

Fitness Singles dating site has resulted in meeting athletic men who still love hiking. But I feel like I'm dealing with the leftovers. The chance of finding a healthy, fit man who still can hike decreases with every year.

And when I meet a supremely fit man (what a body!), he's playing the field, dating multiple women. Because he can. That doesn't work for me. I focus on one man at a time.

"There are 5-6 single, fit and active women in their 60s- who want a relationship- in each state, excluding the South," a psychologist from Idaho said on the phone. "I already met all four women in my state. They all had behavioral issues."

My thoughts exactly.

Well, it appears all the data you need is in your post. I suspect us readers see the answer. It's right there. And don't think those exact same issues aren't happening when you reverse the sexes. They ARE.

@mtnhome Yep

I tried a couple, with no luck. I came here in hopes it might be a better dating site, but it's so much more, I'm not even worried about the dating part. I mean, if something happens, that would be cool, but if not, that's fine too, because I love this site.

My sentiments exactly

Just this one and the dating is secondary.

Very discouraging.

All I get is scammers and liars. Or unemployed and want a sugar mama. I dropped off all dating sites in the last month.

Tired of them

they all suck!

Omg, perfect!!

Nailed it.

Sums it up nicely!

Pretty tired but I have only used pay sites a couple of times. This is currently the only date site I am on and that’s only part of why I am here.

Have never and will never pay for that "service." Tried a free service but haven't checked it in years. (don't remember, or even care, what the password was).

I have profiles on a few dating sites and I'm a paid member on one. On the site I'm a paid member of I haven't met one guy. I'll let that one run out. I may try another one that has a lot more guys that are more local to me.

Local is critical. I have wasted many miles travelling to find people who are not who/what they say they are. That was many years ago.

Not me. I gave it a try and it was horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Done.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:60237
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.