Agnostic.com

6 4

LINK We've Been Telling the Alamo Story Wrong for Nearly 200 Years. Now It's Time to Correct the Record

I lost some friends who would not accept CORRECTION culture. They did not read much except The National Enquire, so I bailed on these folks.....decades ago.

Mooolah 8 June 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What are the benefits and costs of fake history? Of fake news? BTW, let’s give Texas back to Mexico.

Too bad! Texas is part of the United States since 1844. San Antonio is part of the United States and isn't going anywhere. History is written by the victors.

barjoe Level 9 June 11, 2021

One of my professors at University of Houston, did a great book back in 1982 ,Juan Davis Bradburn: A Reappraisal of the Mexican Commander of Anahuac
by Margaret Swett Henson. She did her research both in the US and Mexico. She also taught women in American History. Quite the revisionist and a damned good teacher.

Here in Texas most of us have heard this version, Most just did not pay attention to the Mexican side. I have believed it. It has more witnesses. All about slavery as most things were in that period.

Sickening, but unsurprising. Another chapter in Zinn's America.

I can see how a book with a title like "Forget The Alamo" would raise a few hackles in Texas.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:602644
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.