Agnostic.com

6 16

Extreme religious practices in early childhood development is instilling more harm than any morals. Sunday school, catechism snd church for children are used as a form of negative discipline memorizing Bible verses to chant and pray when we make poor decisions to save our souls. We forced to believe that the holy Bible holds all our laws no matter how it may effect our friends and neighbors; and fairytales and fables serve as signs of hope. When is the last time we saw water divide or a burning bush talk or a shepherd staff become a snake? Even taking communion has created more alcoholics than forgive sins. Snd the priests and pastor are considered role models even when thousands of court cases have charged many child molesters and financial exploitation on the elderly.. so I’m still looking fir the wisdom. How did I survive the brain washing and hate? When does this evil stop?

Gsanders55 5 June 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I was Byzantine Catholic and to walk into church was actually frightening. When you walk into a Byzantine Church, you see statues that scared you, singing that sounded like a cult, Stuff in a cup that I thought was ice cream but then found out it was wafers and wine! A priest who swung a vessel on a chain where incense almost would choke you to death!

Religious indoctrination of children helps parents who don’t want to talk with their children. Religion’s many cruelties are especially cruel forms of child abuse.

The evil stops for you when you see and reject all religion for the vile nonsense that it is, and all religious zealots (priests, pastors, mullahs, ayatollahs, popes, bishops, prelates) for the perverts that they are.

The evil will persist for as long as there are fools in the world who are stupid enough to believe what God Mobsters tell them.

i guess the evil stops when you read for yourself and stop believing all the crap other readers have interpreted for you? But i mean everyone does not have the experience you seem to have had, either. Anyway, when you read for yourself--as Paul did, purposely avoiding the other apostles for three years--you will come to see that the Bible is never wrong, just generally misinterpreted
he who seeks to save his soul will lose it

As with any truly good and great things, change takes its time, the longer it takes the better the grip it gets and stronger it adheres.
The eventual collapse of Organised Religion/s is, imo, one these things that NEED to take there time, happen slowly and steadily so it gets a GOOD grip, takes a firm and rock-solid hold and adheres firmly and immovably as well.

Fortunately the internet does allow open and direct denunciation of the Bible along with instruction as to WHY it is wrong. People are leaving their churches and we need to be ready to receive them, educate them, help them...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:602875
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.