Agnostic.com

3 8

LINK Most Protestant Pastors Say the Importance of Denominations is Fading Away | Beth Stoneburner | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Not everyone who leaves churches become atheist. Some become a sort of religious free agent.

snytiger6 9 June 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

And what about Catholics? They will not allow themselves to be absorbed by any Protestant group and visa versa. Even among denominations there are people who disagree with others in their denomination. Too bad but christians will continue to be divided among denominations.

Horsefeathers! I see few if any Lutherans, Methodists, Presbyterians & etc acting like rabid nutters, just Southern Baptists.

True, but PLENTY of Baptists act like Pentacostals, or like Church of God wack jobs, and vice versa. And Lutherans, Methodists, and Presbyterians act like each other, more or less.

I was a Southern Baptist. Not familiar with other denominations but I agree that some southern baptist are absolute nuts especially the Primitive Baptist churches. There are actually still some churches that make men sit in one side and women on the other side

If it’s “Fading” away that’s what matters. If their numbers were growing that’d be another story.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:602968
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.