Agnostic.com

3 4

As I get older it seems like no matter how slow I'm going I need to remind myself to go slower.

hankster 9 June 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I remind myself that nothing is going to slow things down more than several weeks in traction, followed by nursing-home rehab

Omnis festinatio ex parte diaboli est.

skado Level 9 June 14, 2021

grandpa couldn't have said it better.

We need to listen to our body. I'm sure all of us have done stupid things when we were young. Some of us pay for it now. I just quit a job after four days because they had me bending over and reaching to the floor for several hours. I did that for 11years and it trashed my back. Listen to your body!

I did but it told me to start digging.

Went in part deaf, using heavy machinery, that was in the days before ear protectors.

@Fernapple
Hearing is one of the most important to me. Not being able to hear some of my favorite music would hurt. You young shits! Stuff corks in your ears! And if you don't have corks, cigarettes will do. It may look like smoke is coming out of your ears, but I never have given a damn what others think.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:603360
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.