Agnostic.com

4 1

What 'evidence of vaccination(s)' "nudges" do you favor ? Why/not ?

Companies Push Employees to Prove They Are Vaccinated for Covid-19

Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley are among employers requesting staffers to disclose vaccination status as more offices reopen

[wsj.com]

[cbnc.com]

FearlessFly 9 June 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This is, admittedly, a very tough subject. I feel that we are entitled to know if we are working with vaccinated/unvaccinated individuals, therefore agree that companies can not only ask for documentation, but can require employees to be vaccinated before returning to the workplace. Were the pandemic not such a major threat to the entire world, I might feel differently. Were I a young mother, I would want to know if my co-workers were vaccinated for measles, as well. I am in favor of actions that benefit the greater good, including vaccinations.

I think it is "tough" only for those folks who think individual freedom supersedes public health. 😛

@FearlessFly Agreed.

Great move to prevent another surge

bobwjr Level 10 June 15, 2021

Public health supersedes individual freedom.

I can recall a time when my sons would have been suspended from attending classes in their public elementary schools until they had their inoculations updated. It seems absurd to me right now that people are viewing their ability to infect others with the diseases du jour as some kind of "right."

Deb57 Level 8 June 15, 2021

It is absurd to most of us, but not to conservatives and Libertarians, because, to them, their is no "us" or society, just their own individual selfishness, that matters. They have an alien mindset, as far as I'm concerned, and they are best avoided at the interpersonal level and fought ferociously at the ballot box and in the courts.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:603502
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.