Agnostic.com

6 5

LINK Christian Pastor: Louisiana’s Cockfighting Ban Violates My Religious Freedom | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

He is founder of "Holy Fight Ministries". This is case where "religious freedom" claims go to far.

snytiger6 9 June 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Look at how easy is it for one to be allowed to make a religious issue out of anything, even cruelty to animals. Man is a real fucked up creature.

Asshole.

The Rev. Lloyd Plumbar is violating my religious right to give him a good kicking in the testicles.

Religious freedom is important but not at the expense of sentient creatures making them engage in mortal combat.

Religious freedom would quickly have us back in the Dark Ages! 🤬

So should the government dictate how people should practice their religion?

@Heavykevy1985 where do you draw the line? If my religion condones child marriages, wife beating, female circumcising, body mutilation, witch drowning, or any of a multitude of illegal activities, they should be protected from government interference? We already do this in many states, by removing Amish from education laws and extremely lax enforcements of child labor laws. So why not apply that to all religious beliefs, as long as they are not forcing non believers to do it?

@Barnie2years I knew that you were going to go this route. Religion is a personal matter with individuals and communities. Individuals participating in said community should opt without coercion. All those you mentioned are acts that are no consensual. Define “body mutilation.” A tattoo or piercing is a mutilation of the flesh. You may comfortable with the state dictating people’s personal beliefs, but where do you draw the line?

@Heavykevy1985 easy! If it is illegal for me, it’s illegal for you, regardless of what kooky religion you belong to. If you religion dictates that your child be pierced or tattooed, not allowed. As an adult, if you want to tattoo your entire body and have nails sticking into every part of your body,(legal) knock yourself out! If your religious belief involves cutting appendages off (illegal) then you can’t use your belief to cover your sadism.
Pretty simple really. Child labor and child marriage is illegal for a reason. Your demented religious interpretation has no justification for mistreating your children. Or any other illegal activities.

@Heavykevy1985 I'd draw the line whe religion causes harm to people, animals and property.

@Barnie2years again, you are speaking of things that are nonconsensual. Child labor was made illegal with lobbying primarily from unions because child labor undercut the price of adult workers. Again, child marriage is a nonconsensual custom. Children cannot enter into a legally-binding agreement. So again, what gives you the justification to curb religious freedom, which is enshrined in our constitution.

@Barnie2years find it interesting that a lot of progs think that children have the wherewithal to go on puberty blockers to transition. If that is the case, what is the difference to that body modification and getting a tattoo?

Well... arm his cock with a gun and let him and his cock fight it out.

Leelu Level 7 June 17, 2021
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:603956
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.