Agnostic.com

13 17

Religion 'ISN'T the secret to happiness': Global study claims atheists are just as happy as those with a faith [dailymail.co.uk]

Charliesey 7 June 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have been much happier since leaving catholicism. What a burden THAT was !!!

Of course religion isn't the secret to happiness, Happy Hour is.Religion is just this bullshit thing that costs you money in exchange for nothing at all.

Absolutely

bobwjr Level 10 June 19, 2021

I disagree, you want to piss an atheist? An agnostic? Talk about god.... you will see a lot of "unhappy" people, and goes against your point. What makes me happy? RETIREMENT!!!! VERY HAPPY.

I think I've always been happy. Then again I am pretty sure I was never a real Christian I just went along to go along with the bunch.

When I finally abandoned faith and walked out those church doors, never to return, I experienced an immense relief and overwhelming joy that has only intensified over time. As a nullifidian, the existence / non-existence of a supreme being is practically irrelevant to me. But the existence of organized religion, on the other hand, is a perpetual indignity visited on humanity.

I think I am happier than my siblings who still believe.

Personally , I think atheists have a lot fewer things to feel guilty about . Certainly the churches have made rules about things not specified in the Bible as being sins . Thinking impure thoughts and masturbating , for instance , in addition to things that are listed such as believing in God , and coveting things for instance . You can wish you owned your own private jet , as long as you don't try to steal one .

I fucking doubt it. They get to go in a little room and say "sorry". It never happened if you do that. That's what I was told. They have no responsibility. Plus every other braindead fucking moron justifies whatever the fuck they do. They have their space santa for grown ups too to reward them. They have everlasting life. Don't believe me? They are willing (and do) die for trump. Their demigod. The purpose of religion is social control. Sadly it works quite well. How else are you going to get people to do slave labor? Religion. That or money.

Plus that is the UK, not the US.

"Global study"...

We might not know that for certain until we are able to do that same study in a country that is predominately atheist, and has been for a few generations. This study looked at atheists living in countries that are currently or recently have been predominantly religious cultures. They may be getting a free ride.

skado Level 9 June 18, 2021

I will paraphrase the book of Acts and say that when I became atheist the scales fell off of my eyes.

I was a lot more depressed (and suicidal) when I was a Christian.

To be honest, for me losing My religion lightened up my life and helped me see the meaning of being here now up front and present in reality, you know, life when it does suck doesn't suck that bad. IMO 🤭

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:604314
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.