Agnostic.com

4 13

LINK Atheists Sue Mississippi Over Default “In God We Trust” License Plates | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

In 2019 the Mississippi governor introduces the new default license plate that has "In God We Trust" emblazoned on it as a part of the state seal.

snytiger6 9 June 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Just imagine the uproar if the proclamation was "In Satan We Trust".

They will win the lawsuit and ole Mississippi will have to accommodate those who don’t believe in the sky daddy. πŸ˜‰

If I lived there and had that plate I would blacken out the words with a magic marker. If ever stopped by a cop and asked about it I would claim some vandal must have done it.

I hope they make them bleed money.

Doesn't seem that they are seeking monetary compensation (hopefully they get their lawyer fees). They have a pretty narrow scope - and very legal one: give those that don't want to parade around with god on their licenses a non extra taxed variation.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:604871
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.