Agnostic.com

3 0

LINK BREAKING: At least 4 dead, 159 unaccounted for after Florida building collapse

Miami-Dade mayor says 120 people are now accounted for. 159 unaccounted for. "We can tragically report the death count is now at 4." Biden declares national disaster before Gov DeSantis did. It would've meant him asking help from the Biden Administration. FEMA is now on the job. Sadly, the death toll is going to soar. Horrible! This is heartbreaking 😥

barjoe 9 June 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Rising water levels are only going to make this kind of disaster more common.

I hope not. This is horrific!

The contractor built on reclaimed marshland and has been sinking since built

bobwjr Level 10 June 25, 2021

Florida law only inspects foundations every 40 years. Structural integrity of a large apartment building needs to be inspected much more often than that.

I heard that, but they said it was minimal

@TheoryNumber3 Several millimeters per year , over40 years adds up , in a red state anything goes for business

@barjoe Should be more often but red state

@bobwjr In total Florida has considerably more stringent building codes than most States, Red or Blue. I know because the company I retired from built all over the U.S. and Florida was, and I'm sure, remains quite harsh.

@bobwjr Agree. They sure don't like them dang regulations

That is absolutely horrifying! They have no explanation for it at this point. Those poor people. They said many are under a pile of rubble 3 stories high. It's like a horror scene from a science fiction movie.

😟

Horrors reminiscent of 9/11.

@barjoe Yes.... so sad

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:605383
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.