Agnostic.com

7 11

LINK Chauvin Sentenced 270 Months ---- I Hope He Rots In Prison

BREAKING NEWS: Judge Peter Cahill sentences former police officer Derek Chauvin to 270 months -- 22 and a half years -- for the murder of George Floyd with 199 days credit for time already served.

He added that he has a 22-page memo attached to his sentencing explaining his decision.

barjoe 9 June 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have been wondering about the comment that Chauvin made in court to the Floyd family. Something about other news that will be something good for them? Does anyone wonder if it has anything to do with the other lawsuits that are coming up for Chauvin? I’m wondering if those other lawsuits will add more years onto his 22 1/2 years?

he'll be doin good to avoid a thorough shanking for that long.

I am surprised he didn't get the maximum sentence, and can't understand why he didn't.

Judge Cahill sentenced him to that. Do you think he's dirty?

@barjoe Although possible, I doubt it. Perhaps the Judge thinks Chauvin won't survive very long in prison.

@Alienbeing I don't think so either. The maximum was 480 months. I think that's what he should've got. 22 years is substantial tho. I don't know when he'll be eligible for parole.

I was really hoping for the max.
22 1/2 years doesn't seem remotely long enough for what he did.

I sincerely hope that he goes through what he put George Floyd through (right up to dying- but just short of that), every single day he spends in prison.
If it looks like he'll get out, then he should end up as Mr. Floyd did.
Seems only right that he should meet his end the exact same way.

If he was given an unduly harsh sentence, it could have been put up to review and grounds for appeal. 20 years is a long time to spend in prison.

@barjoe Still. He deserves to grow old and die inside.

@KKGator The maximum sentence was 40 years. He got 22. He'll be in his 60s.

@barjoe 20 years is not a long time to spend in prison when you used your position of trust to cause someone's death without cause. On appeal, the sentence can not only be decreased but increased. That POS should never see the light of day outside of the prison yard and I doubt that he will.

@barjoe So what? He'll be in his 60s. Big deal.
He deliberately murdered someone, who didn't have to die. George Floyd will not ever get to live into his 60s.
Chauvin's life is forfeit.
He should have gotten the maximum sentence allowed.

@KKGator I agree. Judge Cahill gave him 22 years. I'm in my 60s now so I think he should've gotten 40 years.

That is fucking obscene, although my money says he will not make it out of prison.

He will get out early for good behavior.

I sure hope not. He doesn't deserve it.

This is good. A horrible man will spend 22 and a half years in prison!

This was consistent with sentencing guidelines and is likely not to be reduced or overturned.

It was double the minimum, and the sentencing hearing is worth a watch. If he's dirty, the judge is also a good actor, with lots of clearly critical things said of the defendant, including the label of a "predatory killer". I would put my bet with those who say he won't last in prison.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:605458
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.