Agnostic.com

4 3

Who's surprised? Not this guy!

Manhattan DA won’t charge Trump, former president’s lawyer says

[m.washingtontimes.com]

ChestRockfield 8 June 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes, this is how it starts. The big question is how far is it going to go? I do know one thing. Banks do not deal with companies or corporations who are indicted.

We'll see if he ever even gets indicted. That, and does he really care of he can do business anymore? He's old as fuck considering his health. He can just enjoy the rest of his time.

I have heard four different former prosecutors say this is the way it starts. You have to go for the low hanging fruit and work your way up. You need these people to turn. They may not get Trump because of the way his businesses are set up, but they might destroy his company. The feds knew Capone killed people and ordered people killed, but had no proof that would stand up in court, so they got him on income taxes. Don't forget Roy Cohen, the late lawyer for the Mafia, showed Trump how to protect hinself in his business dealings. You have to be patient. These cases take a long time. If you think the state and city of New York are trying to protect Trump, you could not be more mistaken.

I don't think they're trying to protect him, I just think we will never see a former president in prison.

@JeffMurray Probably not, but that has nothing to do with the prosecution. If he did go to trial l don't he would be. Americans seldom convict celebrities. I was surprised when they convicted Bill Cosby. His businesses are set up to cushion him from any blame for illegal activities. Hopefully someone will flip on him and have actual evidence to take him down. We can only hope. If not and they destroy his company which is possible, l could live with that.

@Sticks48 I don't see how video of him talking isn't sufficient evidence. It certainty should be, so we shouldn't need anyone to flip. But he's a president and we don't put presidents in prison.

@JeffMurray What has he said that would lead to his being guilty of anything when it comes to his businesses? Roy Cohen showed him how to protect himself when it came to his business practices. What other Presidents have we not put in jail that should have been as an example of Presidents who should have gone to jail other than Nixon, who was pardoned by Ford, so that was th he end of that.

@Sticks48 That's a fair question, but I think there's been a lot of stuff that never even got looked into because as much as we like to pretend no one is above the law, we all know tons of people are above the law.

@JeffMurray Give me specifics. They want his ass. They have thousands and thousands, some estimate more than thousands, of documents to go through. Trump might be stupid, but Roy Cohen was not.. He spent years showing the Mafia how to protect themselves and did the same for Trump. They may or may not get him personally, but they can destroy his company as a whole. We have to see who might flip on him too. Without the pardon power he doesn't have leverage over these folks know. We will see, but it will take time.

@Sticks48 I meant about other presidents. As much as I love Bill, there were probably some accusations that were at least worth a look, no?

@JeffMurray More money was spent investigating the Clintons and Obama by the Republicans with private money and with our money in the Congress than all the Presidents before them combined and they found nothing. This is why they went to the blow job to get Clinton.

@Sticks48 Speaking of...
[m.washingtontimes.com]

@JeffMurray What a bunch of bullshit. Wealth and fame. At least he will live the rest of his days knowing this is his legacy. This is what he will be remembered for. You don't even see reruns of his show anywhere.

@Sticks48 It's crazy you were just saying yesterday and then boom, free.

@JeffMurray I have worked or met some famous and near famous because of my job and they are just people. Some are nice and some are assholes and most are somewhere in between just like everyone else.

I'll wait for official news of this but such inaction must be questioned.

This is not inaction. This is typical in Mafia and white collar investigations. You start at the bottom and get those people to turn. This is pretty standard operating procedure in this type of case. Be patient.

@Sticks48 By the time anyone gets around to actually holding 45 accountable, for anything, he'll have laughed his last.

@rainmanjr l can live with that too.

@Sticks48 I'd prefer not to. Unless he feels it 45 becomes another criminal legend (like Dillinger or Capone).

Trump bought him. He knows how win in New York. I followed every news, every interview of him from 1987 to 2006 when I lived there.

I had suspected this would happen.

Now Vance's successor is a Wall Street funded rich man's wife who is tight-lipped about what she would do about Trump's cases. She is currently leading.

There will be a million of those "reasons" in the coming months/years every time Trump doesn't get charged and doesn't go to prison.

@JeffMurray the pig won't live that long

@Redneckliberal

I am sure that his legacy, being lauded, admired, monuments built in his name, people throwing themselves at his feet, an airport or two, roads, schools named after him would be a whole lot important to him and his fans including to Melania who will live off his legacy for decades to come.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:606021
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.