Agnostic.com

10 3

Religious origins

If you had a religious Upbringing, which religion was it?

luke20002 4 July 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I was raised to be a Mormon. It was never a good fit. However when I was in high school and studying Greek mythology, at church we were studying the old testament, and I easily saw in comparison that the old testament was just myth as well. I have a great deal of animosity against the Mormon church as it really ruined my childhood.

My mother was a Catholic fanatic and my father didn't believe and never went to church. My mother used to tell me my father was going to hell and she was going to Heaven. She died in her forties and my father lived to ninety seven.

I ended up in Pentecostalism and my step dad came out of Freewill Baptists. My mother had JW parents but she ran off to go to Pentecostal meetings. As a family we ended up religious when my sister Debbie died shortly after birth. Mom and dad wanted to know where she went and what happened to her. Today I have those answers. Gods have nothing to do with it.

My father was pagan/spiritual,mom is practicing Roman Catholic. They abandoned any indoctrination after I started questioning them about logistics discrepancies in bible,somewhere around fourth,fifth grade

Oops. I spelled it incorrectly. It should be Mormonism. But Moronism is a good description for Mormonism. 😛

Reformed Druid. 🤭 Catholic. 🙄

Catholic

bobwjr Level 10 July 5, 2021

Roman Catholic

From age 5 to 15 was a christian, 16 to 40 was a pagan, then became an agnostic for a few years, then became an atheist.

Religion ... pure and faultless is this: to help widows and orphans in need and avoiding worldly corruption. James 1:27

Word Level 8 July 4, 2021
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:607167
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.