Agnostic.com

10 0

Is global warming real?

Why or why not is global warming real?

• 40 votes
  • 3 votes
SamL 7 Dec 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It is quite real, but knowledge of how it mechanically happens requires some knowledge of quantum mechanics. The short and vague answer is that the earth is bombarded with EM waves at a variety of levels, most of the high energy waves hit the earth and bounce off into space. Greenhouse gasses have chemical bonds that have a frequency that matches with high energy wave, causing them to adsorb the wave on contact and convert it to thermal energy through vibration of the gas molecule.

Of course, it is real. There is no real question. The only people denying it are the greedy and the ignorant.

I believe it's just as real as evolution. My question is what's causing it. I personally believe we are to a certain extent if not entirely.

Hasn't the statement "global warming" been change to "cliimate change" ? I always thought the climate was always changing.

No belief necessary. Experience.

It's like asking whether or not you believe in gravity and as the saying goes you're entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

The data shows a much sharper increase recently in global temperatures than at any other time (using various methods of determining temperature at other times in history), and the increase directly correlates with carbon emissions from human industrial activity. I think there's more to learn about the impact, but that it's happening seems irrefutable from the data.

Also, the orbit of the earth is approaching it's furthest distance from the sun, so the earth should be approaching another ice-age, yet it's getting warmer instead of getting colder.

AstralSmoke, the Earth is in an elliptical orbit, thus it reaches its farthest point from the sun once each year and its closest point once a year. The amount of radiant energy Earth receives goes through an annual cycle. Ice ages are more closely tied to the wobble of the poles.

[culter.colorado.edu]

Yes, it is real, we are largely responsible, and time is critical.

Yes there is plenty of scientific evidence for global warming/climate change. 10 minutes on Google will help.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6074
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.