Agnostic.com

3 4

Isn't Cheato's lawsuit against Twitter and Facebook nothing but a political stunt? Aren't they private companies, and as such have every right to ban him from their platforms? Isn't it funny how people who tout anti-government ideology at every turn are the first to ask the government for help when they get in a jam? Isnt Etch-a-Sketch a little advanced for little Donny? Wouldn't a coloring book and some Crayons be a more age-appropriate gift?

Flyingsaucesir 8 July 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That's hilarious! Now if crayons came with his face on the box, he might just be able to handle them. And if there was someone else to blame when he breaks the end off, that would be perfect!

He is just trying to raise more money, period.

I'm having trouble accepting the word 'political' for the games tRump is playing, especially these days. He seems to me to just be riding out the money train (riding the tiger?) as long as he can. A Protect Our Elections rally in Phoenix near the end of July will apparently feature him.

I'm one of those who think he strongly expected to lose to HRC in 2016. His campaign was a way to live high and fraudulently associate with a-list people he wouldn't normally be allowed to know.
But ever since he stumbled into the Presidency he's been working to keep the grift going -- and living in fear of the collapse.

tRump reminds me of a figure from AZ history -- the Baron of Arizona, James Reavis.
Reavis was a late 1800s fraud who exploited people's ignorance to lay claim to a very large(18600 sq. miles) chunk of land in southern AZ until his forgeries were uncovered.
Reavis hobnobbed with the upper crust -- bankers and businessmen, even European royalty -- until it all came crashing down and he went to prison (only for 2 years).

[en.m.wikipedia.org]
From the link

Under the terms of the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo and the Gadsden Purchase, the United States was required to recognize and honor existing land grants made by either the Spanish or Mexican governments. Reavis used this provision by manufacturing a fictional claim and then generating a collection of documents demonstrating how the claim came into his possession.

RichCC Level 8 July 10, 2021

I use the term "political" rather loosely here. In fact, I'm basically assuming that there is an element of politics in all human interactions. This is probably a good thing. Consider this passage from the 1986 movie The Fly, starring Jeff Goldblum and Gina Davis:

"Have you ever heard of insect politics? Neither have I. Insects... don't have politics. They're very... brutal. No compassion, no compromise. We can't trust the insect. I'd like to become the first... insect politician. Y'see, I'd like to, but... I'm afraid, uh..."
-- The Fly

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:608493
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.