Agnostic.com

4 2

Ancient gods are coming back!

[bbc.com]

HelenRoseBuck 6 July 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well I certainly hope so 'cause they were far more fun than the dull ones we have crusin around nowadays.

Good, I've always liked Nick Nolte.

I hope the Greek Gods come back. I love those guys. They are such a randy bunch.

I’d like to apply as a Loki variant from an alternative timeline. The world I grew up in is utterly gone, as if pruned from the timeline. I grew up in lush forest which is now divided mobile home sites and scrub land with bits of rusty metal like random bed springs or washing machine’s with bullet holes all in it surrounded by briars. I remember it as virgin old growth pine forest with intermixed dogwoods and giant ent like oak trees where I read the Lord of the Rings in high school.
I felt like Tom Bombadil or perhaps Galadriel there.
My family destroyed 40 acres of native habitat. My dad planted bamboo and it can’t be killed and grows 40 feet high. They sold the lumber and the lumber company obliterated the forest while I was in the military and used the pond as a dump.
My imagination had that property divided up into kingdoms and Rivendell and Asgard were both there. I envisioned the perspective of an enlightened being when reading Dune there.
Now I’m mortal and my mind is so busy with the actual task of day to day life that my imagination, my inner child, is yelling to get out as life slowly smothers it.

Like Jesus baby!

Their kids get to come back too?

@Sticks48 No, that's Baby Jesus. This is Jesus’ baby. 😉

@Sticks48 I’m talking about the Christian rupture or rapture or whatever. I’m shocked they’d accept anything with rap in it, shows their hypocrisy.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:609467
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.