Agnostic.com

5 1

The U.S. Navy is not prepared for active combat. "Wokeness" training is a factor.

[rumble.com]

PBuck0145 7 July 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You sound like my bigoted, right wing nephew who is an uneducated Navy vet.

If the U.S. Navy is not prepared for combat (a proposition I seriously doubt, as it is one of the most professional and best-trained services in the world, hands down), then the "factor" to look for is the regime of the last Commander-in-Chief. Trump managed to burn through 6 Secretaries of Defense, 4 of whom were only acting (never confirmed by the Senate), in 4 years- twice the number who served under Obama in half the time. Such instability at the top cannot help but filter down through the ranks, just as constantly changing the head of the division in a business will make the employees down the ladder nervous.

The one thing that is almost certainly not to blame for any putative lack of readiness is bias awareness training, let's call it what it is. I take it myself once a year now for my state job. It's an hour-long training module on the computer which actually takes far less than an hour, and all it does is point out inbuilt biases which all people have, and need to question and become more aware of. "Wokeness training" is just another inflammatory term invented to alarm people who like their biases just the way they are, and don't want to question them.

I have been aware of racial discrimenation all my 67 years. I guess I've been "woke" all my life. Lol.I lived among and in the midst of minorities and marginalized communities all my life.

Here is a definition of "wokeness": Woke is a term, originating in the United States, that originally referred to awareness about racial prejudice and discrimination. It subsequently came to encompass an awareness of other issues of social inequality, for instance regarding gender and sexual orientation.

Now I don't know about you, but sounds a really good thing to be if you ask me. Awareness and consideration is not a bad thing. Even if the whiny snowflakes thinks its unmannly. Lol.

It seems to me that a naval force that is aware of how inequalities exist, and working upon that knowledge come to respect their fellow seabed for who they are. It would foster a lot more commraderie and cohesion among the ranks.

That would cut down on the discriminatory hazing, segregation based on race, and racially based attacks among the ranks. The ones that are inconvenienced are the ones not worthy of representing our country. Their white privilege should not be supported, directly or indirectly, by the military structure.

t1nick Level 8 July 14, 2021

A sturdy "Hoo-ah" from an Army man for that concise summation. I could not have put it better myself.

Not good.

Rumble needs an enema, better to watch Fox News and that's carcinogenic.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:609468
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.