Agnostic.com

3 2

NASA: Moon "wobble" in orbit may lead to record flooding on Earth

[cbsnews.com]nasa-moon-wobble-orbit-record-flooding-earth-sea-level-rise-climate-change/

FearlessFly 9 July 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Subtitled Scientists find way to relieve man of responsibility again.

In the 1950s and early 1960s I was in college and graduate school studying math and physics and learning how to use computers. The Soviets put a man into earth orbit and America’s leaders knew the Soviets could use such vehicles to put weapons into orbit.

America poured money into improving math and science education, and the race to get into space and to the Moon started. My first two employers were companies with NASA contracts. My coworkers and I referred to ourselves as America’s highest-paid migratory workers. Wanting some job security, I quickly sought and happily found employment with companies not working on NASA contracts.

With climate change coming, coastal flooding is certain but when I see stories such as this one that use weak evidence to stir up fears, I ask if they are motivated by efforts to keep or get NASA contracts.

Mostly keep

Study Projects a Surge in Coastal Flooding, Starting in 2030s

[www].nasa.gov/feature/jpl/study-projects-a-surge-in-coastal-flooding-starting-in-2030s

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:609849
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.