Agnostic.com

6 1

Whoa! Whats the price of your technology use?

I can't believe how were getting raked over the coals for the use of all the new technology toys we have.

1. Cell phones...
  2. Cable tv...
  3. Internet...
  4. WiFi...
  5. Home phone...
  6. ADT. security...
  7. Virus protection...
    Hell!. Im retired and it seems like we can't live without this stuff.
    When i was a kid it was just a cheap home phone. Now its over $o,ooo.oo a year! Hmmm.... guess.
BucketlistBob 8 Dec 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

supply and demand. its just human nature

University WiFi is free, I don't need to pay for electricity, I don't bother with TV (although there is one, licence paid, in the common living area), and my mobile costs 15 pounds a month for unlimited data. Not that much, really... which is a very good thing.

I do not pay for internet access on my tracfone.I also do not have a cellular tablet .I think going on the internet in my house is bad enough .My wife and I have cheap 70 dollar tracfones, and I get minutes for presents so it costs me nothing to operate (no monthly fee) Three family members share a landline .I ditched Netflix and get Amazon movies free with Amazon prime membership.I purchassed an authentic ADT out door security sign fo 20 bucks on eBay so I get free adt security .the burglars don’t know the difference.I do not have Virus protection because I use iPad tablets that are not susceptible to viruses

Yeah, but our phone bill was astronomical because if you called anywhere outside your area they charged an arm and a leg. It’s waaaaay better now. I still remember my grandmother coming up and hanging up the phone while I was talking to my sister in another state. I got mad and she showed me the phone bill. It was nearly $300. This was in the early 80s. That was much more money than it is now.

Ouch.... ok

I gave up on land lines 10 years ago.i only have wifi and a phone.60 dollars a month

Wow.... not bad.

Time for an off-grid experience.

Hmmmm....?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6099
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.