Agnostic.com

5 4

Illinois Is The 1st State To Tell Police They Can't Lie To Minors In Interrogations

[npr.org]

FearlessFly 9 July 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

prolly won't change much, but cool

I have for years grumped that we the people are not allowed to lie to the gov’t but they are allowed to lie to us.

What the hell. They already have the 3rd highest crime rate. Who cares???

I would think the under age arrestees and their loved ones care. 😛

@FearlessFly I don’t know. Given the gang violence and the 12 year olds shooting people; I think it’s safe to say that their family and loved ones (the gang) really doesn’t give two shits.

People who care about justice care. Was that a trick question?

Eliciting false confessions increases crime rates, so that’s exactly why they care. So the real criminals can be caught, not confused, intimidated minors.

@NJSnarky Let them have absolutely everything they’ve voted for. Hope they enjoy it.

I find it appalling that such a law even needs to exist. Any cop that engages in such dirty tactics should be fired immediately.

Should be fired? It’s a tactic they are taught to use. Where it is legal So now they will be told not to lie, but insinuation and suggestion are maybe legal? Eg: “What if I told you we had a witness……”vs. “We have a witness…”

@NJSnarky You raise an excellent point.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:609962
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.