Agnostic.com

5 9

"Progressives cannot and should not be satisfied with the policies of the Biden presidency. Yet breakthrough achievements should not be denied."

[commondreams.org]

skado 9 July 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What a useless tool…

"Progressive" would not be a very apt description if they were easily satisfied, would it......

After all, look at how many bills Bernie has gotten passed.

(Oh yeah, none.)

Ummm, $15/hour? Medicare for All?...in the end it is Ideas that count. Legislation can be reversed as we all have all seen, but Ideas that better me & The People are timeless, and desperately needed.

@AnneWimsey I love Bernie's idea up to the point where they are used by the GOP to fundraise.

It's simple. We just acknowledge the great round and get behind our fighter for this season and next. We can press him for more in his third or fourth season as campaign pressure but it's very important we be united behind him now.

This attempt to link Biden to Sanders and classify him as some sort of progressive champion is repulsive to me.

That seems like exactly what this article is not. Its very first sentence is “ Progressives cannot and should not be satisfied with the policies of the Biden presidency.”

@skado

They say that Biden has an unprecedented white house agenda and he is looking to be a champion of working families. They say Biden has embraced many progressive initiatives, including an attempt to increase the minimum wage, what a bunch of BS.

It is an attempt to get some of the gravitas that Sanders has with the left to rub off on Biden.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:610390
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.