Agnostic.com

12 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

IMO, the bible is a bunch of marks on paper without any value written by 2000 year old sheep herders. Moses, ostensibly the author of much of the beginning is featured as a mass murderer and mass rapist, and he claims his actions were approved by his god fantasy invisible man in the sky. The bible is completely useless except maybe as a museum piece example documenting the stupendous idiocy and stupidity of the human race.

"Founding father" Jefferson, who so many evangelicals point to as one of the xtion founders of the nation, took a bible and cut out all swaths of HeyZeus's divinity. That bible is on display and, I'm pretty sure, available to read via the internet.

If it can't be improved, why do they keep coming out with new versions of it every year?

The article shows that the person who said this is totally out of touch with reality.

I got Magic Markers & an Exacto knife!.......how about just taking out the incest? And the mass murders by a loving gawd? And the contradictions? And the weird prohibitions? And the stuff stolen from Gilgamesh stories? And the
Oh, this is going to be too much work....fergedabowdit!

Poor Owen Strachan is several tiles short of a roof.

Roof? I'd say he lacks a foundation.

@snytiger6 "To be several tiles short of a roof" is a colloquialism that is clearly not used everywhere. To borrow the foundation idea, yes he lacks a rudimentary (=foundational) ability to think.

Apparently this man was never aware of what scribes have done over the years. His precious book has been bastardized and never was meant to be put together as it is today.

I dunno.
Bonfires come to mind.
That would be an improvement.

Yes we can. It's called a paper shreader

redhog Level 7 July 20, 2021

He’s a few fries short of a happy meal too.

A somewhat fulfilling meal. This was going to be the applied name but marketing spoke up.

Temper it with fire. Burn The Bible.

Good article.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:610618
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.