Agnostic.com

7 13

Googling

How many times did you google today?

HelenRoseBuck 6 July 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I use duckduckgo and bing more often.

This was way more fun as one would find stuff that was much more interesting that would not normally be found.

lots better than the old stone tablet days.

I don't know, but I will take an old guys word any day. I only go back as far as scrolls, still don't really get on with these folding flippity paged books thinks yet, give me something I can roll out properly.

am i the only one who finds google crap compared to a good library? all google is, is easy.

I find them complimentary, I like having both.

I tend to keep old dictionaries around for the rare scrabble game. I even had a set of encyclopedias from the 40s just to see how things have changed. Did you know, submarines are diesel powered??

Diesel submarines are, but nuclear submarines are not. Most submarines are driven by electric motors, The diesel or nuclear motor drives a generator, which charges batteries or runs the electric motor, or both at the same time.

OMG! the stacks, I went to a special independent study school in high school and I spent what seemed like eons seaching through those stacks at the reference library in Toronto (my second home). I think Millennials would drop dead in the first day of having to source information manually.

My answer- at least 10

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:611097
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.