Agnostic.com

3 1

on another post i asked what folks thought about the lesser dieties and spirits etc. what about superstitions? anyone have do and don'ts regarding good or bad fortune? or anything else...

hankster 9 July 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I carefully train myself to avoid them if I can, and I love to deliberately flaunt my contempt for some of them, such as doing my laundry and hanging it out on Sunday.

But in youth I did used to salute magpies, ( Ornithomancy. ) and I still do, not because I think it will alter my luck, but just because it is a fun thing to do, magpies are cute.

If you see #3 it recognizes bankers, (rich powerful), and "good" people like Kit Carson and "heroes " like Daniel Boone as being deity.

Even if you consider them "lesser" deity, they no less are considered deiry and exist. Atheism by definition and premise is that NONE exist. Atheism illogical.

Word Level 8 July 26, 2021

I'm not sure if it's superstition or not, but I never buy more than one lottery ticket for any given drawing.
I also never change my own oil.

maybe you're saving that $ for oil changes.

@hankster It depends on how long it takes for the oil light to come on.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:611850
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.