Agnostic.com

5 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I find that facebook is only fit for checking if the pub is open.

I have lots of distant friends and family. Facebook is a great way to check in on them, without actually having to talk to them.

FB didn’t help me find people I wanted to chat with so I quit.

FB then made it so hard to delete my info that I was glad I had entered very little.

Let FB help us spread our message(s).

Freedom of speech is a slippery slope.

No it isn’t. It is a good way to understand that we must respect the rights of others to have a differing opinion. Even when they are absolutely wrong.

Let’s do some slipping and sliding.

Facebook makes money spreading misinformation, then makes money from people who try to spread truth.

They are a business. That is how they stay in business. They employ 58,604 people, most of whom are in high-paid technical positions. Yes, I hate the advertising, too. But it is the trade off for the free social contact. It is no worse than Fox TV, and in some ways better, because at least ALL points of view are accessible. Yes, they could do a better job of preventing the publication of misinformation. But so could Fox. And there are plenty other outlets of misinformation on the internet.

I remember when taxpayers were paying tobacco farmers and paying to discourage smoking.

And people are confused that I refuse to go to Facebook, fine.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:611962
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.