Agnostic.com

2 0

It takes all kinds. This is a temperature/comfort story. Let's call it "I gotta be 65." I used to work in HVAC and I dedicate this story to everyone that has to be 65 degrees in the summer. I'm more of a 75 to 77 person and 70 degrees is too cold for me.

This woman driver I work with doesn't see how I do it because she has to be 65 degrees. OK, I asked her if she was sweating or uncomfortable right now and if she thought I was. Her answer was "no" and I remind her that our office was more like 75 degrees. She knows this she says, but she has to be 65. I told her that the optimal temperature difference in air conditioning is 20 degrees. Nobody follows that but if you do you will have less service calls on your AC unit. OK, but she has to be 65, she says.

Part of what she is talking about is that my old R-22 AC has a slow leak and has to have freon every 2 years. R-22 is expensive now and once the current supply is gone you will have to buy a new unit. I bought 3 cans of R-290 instead and it dropped in very nicely. OMG! R-290 is propane. Guess I'll just blow up like the car you are driving will do because it has an electric fuel pump in the gas tank. Oh, well.

Yes, I do not have a cold machine. I like to be between 75 and 77 degrees and have a breeze blowing over me. My mobile home also has 2 ceiling fans and I just bought 2 Lasko Wind Machines. These are like a box fan but they are round and move 18% more air. My current electric bill is $81 and my place is all electric. The power company replaced my meter about 4 times because "my bill is not like my neighbors." IDK. Maybe they gotta be 65.

#Omg
DenoPenno 9 July 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Give me cold! I work at a liquor store and look forward to my boss calling me in on days off. 38 degrees in the beer cooler, or 99 degrees....

I am in Texas and keep my a/c at 78. I am very comfortable. I read many years ago that the optimal difference is 20 degrees. Most summers here are mid to high 90’s with several streaks in the 100’s.

I understand because I lived in the Houston area for 20 years. That is where I did the HVAC.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:612551
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.