Agnostic.com

3 3

LINK Unlikely things to hear in a religious programme | Mock The Week - BBC - YouTube

A British knock off of "whose line is it anyway"

snytiger6 9 Aug 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We now return you to normal programming.

Cooking on Wok of the Meek then it's Inherit the Wind and the Earth.

Like @MattHardy I must protest that in fact the origin of Mock The Week lies in the BBC Radio show Whose Line Is It Anyway, and it hasn’t been “knocked off” by the Brits who invented it in the first place. You guys in the USA have bought and paid for the license to copy our British idea…like many others!

Absolutely,. If "Mock the Week" is a knock off of anything then it's "Have I Got News for You" which in turn owes a similar debt to "The News Quiz"

Are you suggesting that Dan Patterson and Mark Leveson, the creators of "Mock the Week" shamelessly knocked off the 1998 radio British show "Whose Line is it Anywhere" created by Dan Patterson and Mark Leveson. I'm sure Dan Patterson and Mark Leveson will be outraged at the suggestion that they plagiarised, Dan Patterson and Mark Leveson's successful property that later spawned not only a British TV series but was subsequently licensed internationally to America, Australia, Isreal, Egypt and Thailand

[en.wikipedia.org]

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:613769
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.