Agnostic.com

4 0

Silly religious food rules continue to baffle me. I recall fasting during lent, not eating meat on Friday, and having a thin wafer placed on my tongue after being instructed to not chew it, only swallow it. Btw, you were not permitted to eat anything before this wafer ritual so not chewing was difficult as I was always hungry by then.

The article spells out other religious food rituals that make no sense

[news.yahoo.com]

HelenRoseBuck 6 Aug 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have often thought you had these religious leaders sitting in a room getting drunk and coming up with silly and sometimes dangerous ideas, laughing all the while, just to see if they can get the stupid to go along with it, which they generally do. Humans by and large are such an ignorant and gullible species.

You cannot eat meat on Friday. Well, you can eat fish because fish are not meat. WTF?

O yeah, no meat on Friday or you're going to HELL. And then they change the rules so what happens to all them that went to hell because of a hot dog? Did they get an OUT of HELL FREE card and some burn ointment? The hypocrisy of the catholic church never ceases to astound me.

Traveling through Jordan and Israel, I thought it was really amusing that the Jews hate the Muslims (and their culture) and vice-versa. And yet....their diets are nearly identical. In so many ways...they're actually the same.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:614480
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.