Agnostic.com

7 10

My health insurance premiums are probably going to go up a lot this year despite the fact that I've done everything I can to keep covid from taking over my country. It's a documented fact that my masking and most of all my vaccination will keep me out of the hospital.

It's more than frustrating to me that the people who have chosen not to be vaccinated are going to pay the same insurance premium that I will. Proof of vaccination should give people a huge discount on their insurance premiums. Of course a documented medical reason for not getting the vaccination should be considered.

Do you agree?

Lorajay 9 Aug 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Don't let issues like this stress you out. Focus on the good things that make you hapoy. Being stressed can contribute to highet rates of illness.

If the move is likely to increase profits then yea verily it shall come to pass.

Not really. Basic health care should be universal - and not beholden to insurance companies and their profit motivation.
Private insurance should only cover enhanced health care, beyond that.

I would agree if we had a universal health Care system in America but we do not. I fear the increases that are going to be on the table this year will drive some people away from even keeping their insurance even though they are vaccinated and striving their best to not get covid.

@Lorajay
Nothing has been proven that vaccined and unvaccinated spread the viruses any more than each other.

Posted a professional to explain why.

My personal opinion vaccinated spread more because vaccinated roll out since 2020 have near doubled in speed from under 2 million to August of 4.3 million.

@Castlepaloma There is a French scientist who agrees with this idea - "My personal opinion vaccinated spread more" He says being vaccinated is what will encourage mutations. I think it may be more of an exttemist viewpoint, imo.

@Flowerwall Mutations of all Corona viruses is commonplace. That is why the common cold and influenza keep recurring - the human body can develop resistance (helped by vaccination) but never immunity.
When Europeans first reached South America, the native adult populations died in droves from the common cold. Subsequent generations developed a resistance to the general virus, but it still infects them - only no longer fatally.
Influenza is more virulent, but in general only culls the elderly, for which an argument could be made that it is beneficial.
Perhaps, in this highly overpopulated world Covid is also long-term beneficial, just so long as it culls others not me!!! 🤣😂

Why not insurance too?. Like the greatest hyper inflation we have ever experienced along with monotary collapse. No jabs no jobs and no where to go for the unvaccined. Many months ago I challenge many here and elsewhere. That the mandates are coming for all to be vaccined are coming. Many said that is impossible because the contitusional and human right laws, well here we are.

Insurance brokers are already refusing unvaccined people health insurance.

Starting like Nazis unvaccined program for Jews.

[wnd.com]

"Overall, we rate WND Questionable based on extreme right-wing bias, promotion of conspiracy theories, and numerous failed fact checks."

[mediabiasfactcheck.com]

"An American news and opinion website and online news aggregator which has been described as "fringe" and far right as well as politically conservative. The website is known for promoting falsehoods and conspiracy theories. The website publishes news, editorials, and opinion columns, while also aggregating content from other publications."

[our.news]

@FearlessFly

I'm more of an anarchist, care very little about politicians or Government. Their job is taking care of the small stuff not telling us what we must put into our bodies like the Nazis.
Just address the facts and pattern of events.

@Castlepaloma I frequently read of "influencers" being paid by Russian organisations to spread vaccine misinformation.
Here's the latest one.

The Swiss embassy in China has urged Chinese media to take down articles and posts it says contain "false" news.

In a Twitter post, the embassy said an alleged Swiss biologist who had been quoted in Chinese media in recent days likely did not exist.

State media outlets were among those that carried articles with comments from "Wilson Edwards" on the origins of Covid-19 and the WHO's independence

The story was traced to a fake facebook account, set up by a Russian paid influencer two weeks ago, which has rapidly spread in Chinese media.

@Castlepaloma The stories of "putting stuff into our bodies" were also traced to the same Russian organisation who paid a bevy of influencers (basically social media lobbyists) to push them.
Personally, I despise lobbyists, paid or otherwise.

Yup just switched to AARP medigap

bobwjr Level 10 Aug 10, 2021

There should be penalties for all risky behavior as regards health. Morbid obesity is responsible for most health problems. Alcoholism is not far behind. Why should people who eat healthy, are physically active and make an effort to be healthy have to pay for the arrogant disregard for self care of the rest?

Sounds good to me!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:614922
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.