Agnostic.com

5 2

LINK 'Good Morning America' and Starbucks: Donte Robinson, Rashon Nelson tell their story for the first time - The Washington Post

The two men arrested tell their story. The more I find out about this, the worse it gets. These men have comported themselves throughout this entire affair with such grace that it takes my breath away. The situation could have been explosive. IT should be explosive.

BookDeath 8 Apr 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I wonder how many people realize what an exclusive (rich and white) neighborhood Rotten-house Philly is?!

Ungod Level 6 Apr 19, 2018

@BookDeath - thank you for posting the interview.

I'm grateful the men kept their composure. Instead of people focusing on a shouting match or worse, everyone was focused on the treatment they received by not just the manager, but the police as well. And by keeping their composure and because a bystander recorded it - the company changed its policy for 8000 stores. Any company who works with the public is now thinking 'could this happen to us' and reviewing their policies.

Sometimes wide spread change comes through laws. Sometimes through riots. And Sometimes through composure that sparks public outcry.

May we all behave as well if we are ever in a similar situation.

I did not see the interview so thanks for sharing this. This kind of oppression just breaks my heart and makes me crazily angry. I wish I could say that I would conduct myself in the same meaningful way as these two young men have, if I was to experience this kind of judgement against me.

@Renickulous ummm....no your incorrect.

@Renickulous No problem. Its all good.

It came out today that the gentlemen were only sitting there 2 minutes before the police were called.
That is absolutely applling.

I've stood at the register trying to decide what to get for longer than that.

At any establishment that serves the public, 2 BLACK minutes equates to 2 white HOURS!

@Ungod Very true.

The company will pay for this in business lost and for training it did not forsee.The profits will still be recognized regardless.

@Texasrunner I would pass by three Starbucks to get to a locally owned shop. There is one in Savannah called the Sentient Bean, which is worth a visit for that clever name alone. But they are also happy to host various meetings and musicians to get together and play. Poetry, all kinds of things.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:61546
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.