Agnostic.com

5 0

Which was your FIRST computer ?

Beige Against the Machine: The IBM PC turns 40

[theregister.com]

FearlessFly 9 Aug 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A Gateway Desktop, which was useless as tits on a bull.

Commodore 64. I was one of the first remote hosts on q-link

The lap top l hsve now which was used and l have had it for maybe four years.

I started with a Heathkit H8 which almost doesn't qualify as a computer now.
The first computer I bought ready to plug in was a Radio Shack Color Computer.
The first PC I ever purchased was an IBM PC Jr.
Between all these machines were many others like a Bally Astrocade, and a Commidor 64.
At one point I had five cassette players for external memory storage, and over 300 tapes.
I never owned an Amega, but a friend did and I'd piss him off by writing better code for it than he did so we could play D&D on them better, in fact we had like five computers set up to run our D&D games.
I even had a RadioShack TRS 80 Pocket Computer, which I used to resolve combat dice rolls.
I was inspired by seeing the DEC PDP-11 used aboard the USS Samual Gompers AD-37 in 1978, but I didn't have access to any computers except the Heathkit until after 1980.
Computers helped me survive the culture shock of returning to the States after Reagan had become president, what a step backwards and down.

Mine was an Amiga 2000 w/Bridgeboard -- I still have it, still works great :

[theamigamuseum.com]

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:615856
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.