Agnostic.com

6 11

LINK Laura Prepon Says She’s ‘No Longer Practicing Scientology' | HuffPost

“I’m no longer practicing Scientology,” Prepon said. “I’ve always been very open-minded, even since I was a child. I was raised Catholic and Jewish. I’ve prayed in churches, meditated in temples. I’ve studied Chinese meridian theory. I haven’t practiced Scientology in close to five years and it’s no longer part of my life.”

snytiger6 9 Aug 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Darling Mr. Hubbard was a widely-read science fiction writer for decades, then he found the Real Money Train.

Does that mean she's perfected it?

Never heard of her either, and no, while it may indeed matte to her, it does not matter to me.
If you walk by their center, in Tampa Bay you will see some dour, mobster looking types, standing guard outside the place. Ages ago, Hubbard, wand a buddy were at a bar, so the story goes, just chatting. At that time he was a science fiction writer, and his buddy reportedly said, "You could make a religion out of this (stuff)." Oh, and become a damned millionaire in the process.

Never heard of her and does it really matter

An American TV star. That 70s Show, Orange Is The New Black. Yet it mattered enough to get you to post a comment.

Good for her.

Scientology is one of the worst and most crazy shit storms of control and fleecing of their flock. Most people who leave do so quietly so as not to get attacked or sued or harassed. Many countries, like Germany, don't even recognize them as a religion. Any religion that makes you sign a billion year "slave" contract should be outlawed simply for its illegal work with little or no pay requirements.

On the recommendation of I friend I bought Ron Hubbard's book "Dianetics" years ago when it could only be bought by mail order. The first part of the book made some sort of sense but then it got really crazy. Anyone taken in by this nonsense is at least one sandwich short of a picnic but if already conditioned by other nonsensical belief systems they may be attractive.
I had several letters from the publishers offering to sell me some of Ron Hubbard's other words of wisdom.at ridiculous prices.

@Moravian his science fiction was exactly like that, loooong books that started with a great premise, then deteriorated, 1/2 way through to "WTF is This?"

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:616909
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.